Monday 26 April 2010

Radio Star

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p007cs16/Heather_Stott_22_04_2010/

With most of Britain either avoiding the election or loitering around at airports waiting to either arrive or depart, I managed to get myself on the radio again via Michele and her superb PR skills. This time it was on BBC Radio Manchester on the Heather Stott Coffee Club, sharing the hour with Ruth Daniel who runs Fat Northerner Records and Sharon Peak - the Northwest Hairdresser of the Year.  It was a really good experience and I was a lot more relaxed than before, to be honest I have not listened back to it so you will have to let me know...the ladies on the show seemed a lot more at home chatting together, but I suppose the art of conversation is one of those skills that improve the more times you do it.  ( I think I need to jump back onto Google and look up how to sound good on radio....or just get out more)

We went through the papers and picked up on a few stories that made the news including rather uncomfortably, an article on debt...(which I seemed to have more of than the other independent women in the room) An article on honesty, and an article on reading in bed to your partner...( again not much to talk about there, not being one of the 7 in 10 who reads in bed.)

The rest of the week has been spent trying to write a solo set for Static Island (me ..as a musician) having become disillusioned with Swerve I am  now actively seeking other projects, labels and producers.  Strangely enough as soon as I had made the concious decision to go for it, I may have got myself an audition with Resist - a "Goth-Rock" band based not too far away and as I mentioned earlier I bumped into Ruth Daniel who I passed on a link of my earlier tracks to.. (still not heard a reply).  It shouldn't be too long though before I get myself a "gig". 

I did spend a rather unproductive morning emailing about 40 schools in the Trafford area asking if they would like me to visit, but have had no response as yet.  I have to admit it gets really frustrating when that happens, as at the start of the year it seemed like the way forward, but it has been over a month since I last performed my work, and I feed of the energy that it produces.  

I suppose in a way - it's a good thing, at least I will have more time to prepare for "celebritydom"

http://www.hairyplugmonster.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment