Wednesday 27 March 2013

Global Recognition....



Hot on the heels of the 'This is Electric 101' ep.  I found another nice surprise in my inbox this week.

I am writing to request clearance to use the composition, "Funky Junky" by Static Island...............
............................this work would be performed by students of the Ohio University School of Dance for the Senior Spring Capstone Concert 2013 at Ohio University, in Athens, Ohio. The event would take place on April 13th and 14th, 2013--two performances on the first night and a third performance on the last day

Earlyn Whitehead



Blimey!!

Ohio University!!!, 

Me!!!

Of course I said yes, especially as they were willing to pay me for the privilege.  So for the first time in about 20 years of writing music, I am finally going to get something back.  (Admittedly I did perform at raves in Russia for vodka - but they were crazy days and confined to the past.) 

I will post the link of the performance in mid April.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment