Monday 15 February 2010

2 down - A few to go.......www.hairyplugmonster.com

I am Commander-in-Chief-of-the-world and I haven’t got time to tidy my room,
Alien invaders need to be stopped,
Only I can save us from doom.

If you give me five minutes, I’ll stop the attack, and send them all back into space
For I am Commander in Chief of the World, and everything else has to wait.

“Tidy your room, and take out the trash – I’ve asked you enough times already today”
“Mum – wait till I’ve won, I’ll be quick as a flash…it’s important to finish my play”

As he gripped the controls on his smart games console, the spaceship explodes with a flash and a hiss
He was winning the war, with an all time high score.
Nobody nowhere was better than this.

Then the TV. went blank and the world wasn’t saved – somebody, somewhere,
had turned off the power.
“You need some fresh air, it’s a beautiful day – Go out and I don’t want you back for an hour”


and so he went out,
without lasers or guns,
no spaceship to take him around
The Commander in chief – had to wait for a bus
While his mother drove off into town.

While he stood at the stop at the top of his road, and played with the bus fare he held in his hand.
He was joined by a wizened old man with a bag
-That was tied with a thick rubber band.

Politely, The Commander-in-Chief of the World, said “Hello”, and the wizened old man nodded back.
He ask with a laugh, “Do you know what I have?” through a smile that was toothless and crooked and black.

"Inside this bag, Is a game that I’ve made",
as he pierced the Commander in Chief with a stare
"It’s a game like no other before - that you’ve played, So real and intense,
You could swear that you’re there".

He opened the bag for the boy to look in, and his eyes opened up as he stared deep inside
A shimmering, shiny ,strange light glowed within, pulsating and spinning like something alive.

........................................................................................................................................

Find out what happens to The Commander-in-Chief of the World in "Spooky Stories" due for publication Halloween 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment