Monday 28 April 2014

The Pot-bellied Cook and The Three-legged Dog.




It took a while, but I am pleased to say that the first rough draft for the Pot-bellied Cook and The Three-legged Dog is finally complete and it is starting to look the business.  I wanted to go to print by the end of May and I think I might just be able to do it.

As you can see, I have managed to get some pleasing results from my limited knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign and with a few more images here and there - the PBC should be ready.

Carol, has done a spectacular job with the illustrations, and it's time to let the world know about them.  With that in mind I realised that it's time to start cranking up my game a bit and get myself a bit of exposure.

This blog needs to be given a lot more love and attention with more updates about the PBC which, in turn can be drip fed onto Twitter and Facebook.

The website www.hpmmedialtd.com is looking a bit shabby and needs a complete revamp. I do have the facility to make some banners and other simple animations but I am really not sure when I am going to get the opportunity to learn how to do it.

Despite not having a confirmed publishing date I still need to register it with Nielsen and re-establish contact with the big distributors Bertram's and Garner's and maybe get some promotional posters printed up.

Once we have the book in our possession then the fun and games begin all over again.
First up is the book launch,  I have a shop in mind but it's always good to have a plan B as well. Schools, libraries and bookshops need to be contacted - readings need to be organised and then of course it's about getting the word out there using the local media.

Somewhere down the line I am going to need an agent as combining my real life job with that of an Author is going to be really tricky.

On the bright side though, it is a long time since I've been bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment