Wednesday 24 March 2010

Zombelina -

I have been keeping a low profile this week, firing off the odd e-mail here and there to bookshops and the like.

Instead, my energies have been thrown towards the development of a new project which has coincided with the collection of "spooky stories" I have been writing.

The project is quite simply " Zombelina", the sad story of a lonely Toymaker who wishes for a companion and makes a life size doll which he then brings to life with the help of a witch and a second hand spirit. Compared to all the other stories that I have written, this one is very dark and bereft of even the slightest bit of humour - so I don't quite know how its going to sit with the other material.

Because there are a lot of things in the pipeline for "Zombelina", which for the moment I am going to keep to myself, I have decided to start a new blog to track the progress of the story right up to Zombie Aid 3 and beyond....

Here are a few verses just to get your interest....

In the light of the moon, she stood tall above him, the smell of old leather and hops filled the air
She watched as a cloud of stale breath exhales gently
Excitement and thrill seemed to grip her intently

His unshaven face and the dirty complexion, contrasts with the snow as he lay on the ground
Her mouth filled with fresh flesh of newly killed meat
As she gorged all alone on the side of the street.

Her heart like a pocket watch, frantically beating – the minutes passed by as she feasted in rage
She’s only halted by footsteps behind her
And voices of drinkers that suddenly find her.

As I said its not really for kids - but it is a damn good story.

www.hairyplugmonster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment