Monday 11 October 2010

A really thick lining of silver....around a big dull cloud

So there I was seven days ago, updating the blog with nothing but doom and gloom... and feeling very sorry for myself. It's amazing what seven days can do for you...

Steve Garry the actor whose voice was utilised for Zombelina, phoned me and asked if I wanted to have a go at supplying three tracks for a film.....er yeh, and even though the style required was not really my cup of tea, I still managed to spend my free hours during the week coming up with the goods.  I have a feeling though the the film itself will have an adult rating so I can't really tell you more at this stage.

On Tuesday, I was invited to Radcliffe Library in Bury to spend the day reading to local schools from the area:   St Johns, Chapelfield and Gorsefield. 

Unsurprisingly, the reading went well with all the schools being enthusiastic about the new material
"Miss Carr's Pies" and "The Pot Bellied Cook" as well as The Hairy Plug Monster and of course Golden Arm - which fast gaining cult status amongst the pupils.  A few books were sold, and the librarians were happy. 

On Thursday, I returned to Bury, as the guest author as part of National Poets Day, where this time I played host to Holy Trinity and St Marie's Primary schools in the morning before going to Holy Trinity Primary School in the afternoon. Again I read to about 200 children and they all seemed to be very positive about the whole visit and better still more books were sold. 

I even tried out the controversial " There's something wrong with Grandad" (which my mum disapproves of, due to the fact that Grandad has become a victim to the Zombie Apocalypse.)  However, I mentioned to the class before I read it about my mums concerns about it's suitability and got them to vote on it.

The result 34-0 in favour of Grandad Zombie....there are parts in it as well that make it possible to act like a Zombie, which got them all going..and then when you follow that up with Golden Arm, well you can't really go wrong can you?.

Needless to say The Hairy Plug Monster was a massive hit with all the years  and even though the Plug Monster machine stalled last week, it seems it is back on the road again and firing on all four cylinders.

www.hairyplugmonster.com

I am not sure why, (but very grateful) but I seem to be very popular in Bury with both Waterstones and Bury Library Service always making me feel welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment