Saturday 6 June 2009

Congratulations its a book

Its slightly later than I had planned to tell you, but the book The Hairy Plug Monster is available to buy from Author House, I checked with www.hairyplugmonster.com website but the link hasn't appeared as yet.

As soon as I knew that the publishers had released the book, I have spent all day telling everybody.

The girl who sold me a lottery ticket,
The girl who sold me Danish Pastry
All my friends on Facebook -( I expect I will soon find out how close we really are by the sales figures.)

Random people in my contacts list - in fact everyone I have met, I have spoken to MEN the local media syndicate, gone to the schools library service and shown them my wares.

"Have you got kids?, you have? That's great, I have just released a book " - yada yada yada

The last eight months have been spent dreaming of this day when I can finally say - "I am a published author" now the only thing that is on my mind is " How do I let the world know that I am a published author" and why don't they know already.

I suppose this is the learning curve that everyone must take - I expect that by the time I come to publish The Hairy Plug Monster goes Shopping, Be careful Ethel, or The Marvelous Mouse I should be a dab hand at self publicity.

I cant describe the feeling that I get when I read The HPM to children and watch their eyes light up at the antics of Maya and the HPM - nor the satisfaction of watching my three year old daughter look into the bath at the draining bathwater and tell me that the noise I can hear is the sound of the HPM drinking all the bathwater.. every child I have read the story to wants to believe that there a HPM underneath their bath and I have heard of instances where they have bent down with their ear to the floor listening out - just like the book.

Job Done I would say, well at least the easy part.

No comments:

Post a Comment