Friday 5 June 2009

Ramblings

I have managed to squeeze out a few opening lines for a new piece based on Maya's reluctance to look after a cut on her leg and risk infection. With my kids at least I find that trying the softly softly approach never seems to work, so instead I told her she would end up like my friend.

One -Legged Steve


" who's that ?" she asked

well I said and made up a tale about a friend who didn't look after a cut on his leg......and it fell off!!!

The look of shock on her face was priceless, and it wasn't long before a flannel bathed in Dettol was applied to the graze.

Its strange how a simple throwaway comment can evolve so quickly. Just in the same way I suppose that The Hairy Plug Monster evolved from an "off the cuff " comment to what could be one of those classic books that every child has on their book shelf.

So here is the opening gambit let me know what you think

There is an old pirate,
Called One-legged Steve
Who lives in the same part of town that I do
There’s a sad sorry tale,
Behind the strange name
And the reason that Stephen needs only one shoe!

Of course that is not all of it, but that is all I am going to post today...

Catch up with you later

No comments:

Post a Comment